BBQ summer peach, asparagus, shallot & toasted hazelnut salad, neema
Ingredients (serves 2)
Handful of asparagus
Handful of fresh or frozen peas
Handful of blanched hazelnuts
Neema green bullet salsa verde
2 tsp African green bullet chilli paste
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
1 handful of parsley (no stalks)
1 handful of mint (no stalks)
1 handful of spinach
1 small handful capers
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 lemon (squeezed)
1tsbp Dijon mustard
8 tbsp exra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat your bbq to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Start by making the salsa verde. Place all the ingredients except the oil into a food
processor, and blitz. Then, add the oil slowly until you have a salsa like consistency.
Season to taste.
3. De-stone and slice your peach into 4 big chunks, peel and halve your shallots, and
finally snap the ends off your asparagus. Place into a mixing bowl, season and drizzle
with a little olive oil.
4. Sear on the pre-heated bbq to create that charcoal look and flavour, for a few
minutes on each side, and then remove from the bbq.
5. At the same time, place a tray on to the bbq and add your hazelnuts and peas to
toast and char.
6. To serve, spread your salsa verde on to a plate, top with the vegetables, peach
chunks, peas, toasted hazelnuts, and finally top with the pickled onions for garnish.