This is a beautiful chicken that you’ll definitely want to make this week. This is a quick and easy recipe to follow and you won’t regret making this tasty, spicy and flavoursome curry.
Check out the ingredients & methods below:
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 large shallots, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (400ml) can coconut milk
- 120 ml water
- 680 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- Juice of ½ lime
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Mint leaves, torn, for serving
- Coriander leaves, torn, for serving
- 2 teaspoons of Neema Aromatic Ginger & Scotch Bonnet
- Cooked rice, for serving
- 1. In a large pot or high-sided pan over medium heat, heat oil and butter. When butter is melted, add onion and shallots and cook until tender and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and the chilli paste and cook until darkened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 3. Add coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4. Stir in lime juice and garnish with mint and coriander. Serve hot with rice.