A delicious twist of Mumbai style toasties made by our lovely blogger Annalise from @Foodie in Bath.
4 slices of brown bread (or white if you prefer)
2 tbsp of Neema African Green Chilli Paste
1 spring onion
200g of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 of red onion
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of ground coriander
A pinch of Cinnamon
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix Neema African Green Chilli Paste with coriander, spring onion and garlic to make a chutney.
- Spread the mixture evenly on one slide of bread
- On the other slice of bread, build a layer of cheddar cheese, red onion, tomatoes
- Put the slices together
- Heat oil over a medium heat and fry both of the sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the bread is a deep golden, then put the pan into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is oozing and melted.
- Cut each in half and serve.